Keto Texas BBQ Brisket Sandwich
Keto Texas BBQ Brisket Sandwich
- 4-4.5 pounds beef brisket
- 3 tbs Swerve brown
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Rays No Sugar BBQ Sauce or more, according to taste or you can make your own Keto BBQ sauce here
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
- Combine all ingredients and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let the dough rest , covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Divide into 10 equal portions and roll onto balls. Press to flatten into buns. Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool before making sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, mix the Swerve brown, paprika, salt, and all spices together. Rub the spice blend over the entire surface of the brisket. If you have time, let it sit overnight to marinate in the rub.
- Set out a large 6-8 quart slow cooker. Put onions in the bottom of the cooker. Place the brisket on top of them, cover, and set on high for 6-7 hours, or on low for 11-13 hours.
- Once the brisket is fork-tender (shreddable) place it on a cutting board and slice it into thin strips, against the grain. Then chop the brisket strips into fine pieces.
- Move the chopped beef brisket back into the slow cooker. Add the spicy BBQ sauce to the slow cooker, and stir the chopped beef, juices, and BBQ sauce together.
- Cover and slow cook until ready to serve. An hour or so.
- Serve with Ketonia Buns and Pickles. Enjoy!!!!
This Keto Texas BBQ Brisket Sandwich is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!