Keto Bloomin’ Onion
Keto Bloomin' Onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar free ketchup Primal Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon drained horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 1/2 cups Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1- gallon oil as needed, for frying
- Kosher salt
- Whisk together all of the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Fill a large pot with oil leaving a few inches of space at the top. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until the thermometer reads 400 degrees.
- Slice the top of the onion off only. Root side down, slice the onion diagonally about six times all the way across. Whisk the flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and 1 cup water.
- Place the onion in a separate bowl, cut-side up, and pour all of the flour mixture on top. Cover the bowl with a plate, then shake back and forth to distribute the flour. Check to make sure the onion is completely covered in the mix, especially between the "leaves". Turn over the onion and pat off the excess flour. Keep the extra mix for your next onion.
- Drop the onion into the wet mixture and completely submerge. Remove and let the excess egg drip off, then repeat the flouring process.
- Pat off excess flour from the onion. Carefully lower the onion into the oil, cut-side down. Adjust the heat so the oil temperature stays close to 350 degrees. Fry about 3 minutes, then turn the onion over and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Let drain on a paper towel. Season with salt and serve with the dip.
This Keto Bloomin’ Onion is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!