Keto Braised Short Ribs
Keto Garlic Braised Short Ribs
- I used my Instant Electric Dutch Oven. You could also use a dutch oven in the oven.
- Heat instant pot to saute. If using a dutch oven, brown over medium high heat.
- Sear the short ribs on all sides. Transfer to a large plate and pour off all but 2 tbs of fat .
- Saute your onion for 5 minutes or so.
- Place garlic heads cut side down and brown them. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook till veggies are softened and starting to brown. Add tomato paste, continuing to stir for 2-3 minutes. Don't let it scorch!
- Add red wine stirring to get up any brown bits. let it simmer for a minute then add beef broth.
- Add short ribs back, making sure they are covered. Put bone side up if you need to and add a bit more broth.
- Cover and change setting to Braise. They will take about 3 hours. Check occasionally and add more broth if they look dry. Remove garlic heads.
- If using a Dutch oven, preheat oven to 325 and cook covered for 3 hours, till meat is falling off bones.
- This is awesome over Mashed Cauliflower! See our recipe!
- I was just thinking, if you make loaf of Ketonia bread, you could smear the soft garlic over it and dunk it in the sauce. CRAZY GOOD!
This Keto Garlic Braised Short Ribs is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority and we really appreciate your support!
Shop on Amazon