Keto Southern Squash Casserole
Keto Southern Squash Casserole
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 pounds yellow squash sliced 1/4 inch thick (from 5 medium squash)I use a mandoline, which makes quick work of thousand the onion. Watch those fingers though!)
- ½ medium-size yellow onion sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 8-oz container sour cream
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup Not Your Memaw's Cheese Straws crushed or chopped in food processor
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add squash, onion, and 1 teaspoon of the salt; cook, stirring often, until the center of squash is just tender and liquid has evaporated about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a colander set over a bowl. Drain 5 minutes; discard any liquid.
- Stir together eggs, sour cream, cheddar, mayonnaise, thyme, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in squash mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter, combine with crumbled cheese straws and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
This Keto Southern Squash Casserole is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!