Keto Rotisserie Chicken Broth
Keto Rotisserie Chicken Broth
- I buy a lot of rotisserie chickens. They are great for quick dinners and all kinds of quick meals. I put all the carcasses and leftovers in a big ziplock (2.5 gals) and save them till I have 5 or 6.
- Then, I dump them in a big stockpot, with onions, garlic, celery, carrots, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. I use soup as a good excuse to clear out aromatic veggies that are a little past their prime. I had some baby bok choy and scallions that were a little sad, so I added them as well!
- Cover it all with water and bring to a boil. Skim any fat that collects on the top. Then turn down to a mere simmer and let it cook overnight.
- Now grab a big bowl and transfer as much of the bones etc. as you can with a set of tongs or a spider style strainer. When this cools enough to touch pick through and collect any meat that you want to add back to the soup and set aside.
- Now strain the rest of the soup to remove all the bits and pieces. I usually take the strained broth and let it cool a bit before putting it in the fridge. By the next day, you’ll have a layer of fat that has risen to the top which can be easily peeled off and discarded.
- Now you have a lovely broth to enrich gravies or use start a nice chicken noodle soup! Pour into containers and freeze for later.
This Keto Rotisserie Chicken Broth is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!