Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage – An Easy Ketogenic Dinner!
Easy Ketogenic Dinner: Corned Beef and Cabbage
- First off, when you buy corned beef it comes with a spice packet, uh- easy peasy, am I right?
- Give the beef a good rinse, and this will remove the excess salt. I also slice up some garlic and insert it into the meat for some extra flavor. I just slice a hole into the meat with a sharp knife deep enough to put a garlic slice in. I put in a slice of garlic every inch or so up and down the meat (we like garlic, isn’t it obvious?). Use as much or little as you prefer. Sprinkle on your spice packet and throw in a few bay leaves.
- As you can see, we have a DINOSAUR of a pressure cooker! I’ve had it for 40+ years! I put 3 cups of water in the pot and let it cook for 90 minutes. I release the pressure, add my cabbage, let it cook for 10 minutes and then release the pressure again and voila, a delicious and easy dinner.
- Be sure to let your beef rest for 10 minutes before slicing it, and always cut against the grain for nice and tender slices!
- Wait, what? You don't have a Prehistoric Pressure Cooker? No worries. Instant pots and slow cookers are amazing for Corned Beef! Just follow the directions for your particular appliance.
- You can even do it the old fashioned way and plop beef, spices, and water in a dutch oven and cook, covered, low and slow for 3 hours or so at 300 degrees. Check your water level once in a while and add more if necessary. Add cabbage during the last hour of cooking.
This Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!