Keto Gazpacho and Grilled Cheese
Ketogenic Summer Recipe: Gazpacho and Grilled Cheese
For the Soup:
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped, about 5-6 medium
- 1 cup cucumber peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 small jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 medium garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves cut chiffonade
- Additional minced vegetables for garnish
For the Soup:
- Fill a 6-quart pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Make an x with a paring knife on the bottom of each tomato. Drop tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds, remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Remove, pat dry, and peel. Seed tomatoes into a sieve, catching juices, discarding seeds.
- Reserve juice
- Place all remaining ingredients (except for basil) in a large bowl and mix.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree (or pulse) for 15 to 20 seconds on high speed. Return the pureed mixture to the bowl and stir. Adjust seasonings. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a chiffonade of basil and additional mince vegetables.
For the Grilled Cheese
- Place cheese in between bread slices.
- Butter outer sides of bread. Using a small saute pan, grill sandwich till golden brown and melty on both sides. Alternatively, you could use a panini press. Remove from pan, slice to sticks for dipping in soup!
This Keto Gazpacho and Grilled Cheese is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!