Keto Pita Bread
Get your oven nice and hot or they won’t puff! These make the perfect pita pockets!
Keto Pita Bread
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add yeast, honey, Ketonia Bread Mix, and salt. Mix to combine. Add in warm water, olive oil, and yogurt. Increase the speed to medium and knead until you have a smooth and tacky dough, about 7 minutes. If mixing by hand, knead on the counter for about 10 minutes, until the dough is very smooth and tacky. Oil a medium-sized bowl, add dough, and cover to rise, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- If you'll be using a baking stone, start preheating the oven to 550 or as high as it goes about 10-20 minutes before you think the dough will be done rising. If not using a baking stone, you can hold off on preheating the oven for a bit.
- Once you have 12 pieces of dough, form each piece into a round ball. When you've shaped all 12 pieces, cover with a damp-ish kitchen towel and let rest for 20 minutes. If you haven't yet preheated your oven to 550 (or at least 500), now's the time to do it! If you're planning to bake the pitas on a preheated pan, you should put that in the oven at this time.
- After the dough has finished resting, roll out each ball to 1/4" or thinner. Cover the rolled-out circles with a damp tea towel and let rest for about 10-15 min, until they are slightly puffy. If you're planning to bake on a non-preheated baking sheet, you can put the rolled-out pitas on it for the resting period. Flip them over before baking.
- Now for the baking (finally!). If you're using a normal baking sheet, put them all in the oven at once. If you're using a preheated baking sheet or a baking stone, bake them a few at a time. Baking time for these pitas can vary. Turn your oven light on and watch them as they bake so you can see when they puff. Let them bake for 4 minutes. Once you see a complete puff, give them about a minute-ish more and then take them out, wrapping the fresh pitas in a kitchen towel. Enjoy them immediately or reheated.
- Servings 12
- Calories 365
- Fat 20g
- Protein 29g
- Net Carbs = 0
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas