Keto Chicken Bone Broth
Keto Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 to 3 lbs Chicken feet
- I get bags of chicken feet at a very reasonable price at my local 99 Ranch Market
- 2 to 3 lbs Chicken wings
- Small Fryer cut in half optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 carrot
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 or 3 onions halved and peeled
- 1 head garlic excess skin removed, top chopped off to expose the cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1- pint container fresh shiitake or baby Bella mushrooms-roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two sheet pans with heavy-duty foil. Spread chicken, onions, garlic and carrots on pans rub with oil and tomato paste. Roast till brown and caramelized. 20-30 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs put chicken and veggies in a large stockpot. Add bay leaves and mushrooms. DO NOT salt. This will cook for a long time and reduce. What tastes like an appropriate amount of salt now will be too salty once it’s reduced! Cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it boils, reduce the heat to a low simmer. Skim foam and fat as it cooks. Don’t let it boil too hard or stir a lot as this will make the stock cloudy.
- Simmer for 8 to 15 hours. I put it on the lowest setting and cover partially with a sheet pan and let it go overnight. The longer you cook the broth, the more your bones break down and release their beautiful and silky collagen. Don’t skip the vinegar, this helps leach the vitamins and minerals from the bones as well. Don’t worry, your broth will not taste vinegary!
- Remove meat and bone with tongs. Reserve meat for broth or another recipe. Strain broth through a fine-mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl or another stockpot. Let cool then refrigerate. Once cooled the fat will solidify and can easily be removed from the top of the broth.
This Keto Chicken Bone Broth is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!