Keto Chimichurri Steak Sandwich
This easy lunch or dinner will make you feel like you’re at an Argentinian steak house minus the carbs. Our Keto Chimichurri Steak Sandwich is the answer to all your Argentinian dreams.
Keto Chimichurri Steak Sandwich
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 lb skirt steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Adolphs tenderizer optional
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley firmly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Prepare all ingredients.
- For the Ketonia Bread:Combine all ingredients and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let the dough rest, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Divide into 6 equal portions and roll into oval shaped rolls. Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- For the Steak: Sprinkle skirt steak with salt and pepper. Grill until medium (145 degrees internal temperature). I always tenderize my meat with Adolph's tenderizer but it's completely optional.
- For the Chimichurri Sauce:In a food processor, pulse the garlic and chopped red onion just until they are finely chopped. Add the parsley, oregano, and cilantro, as desired, and pulse briefly, just until the herbs are finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the lime juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil and stir. Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- When putting the sandwich together:Cut Ketonia rolls in half longways. Layer cooked skirt steak and pile on the chimichurri as desired. Close up your sandwich and enjoy!
- Servings 4
- Calories 1306
- Fat 94g
- Protein 90g
- Net Carbs = 2g
this is a keto-friendly lunch recipe / this is a keto-friendly dinner recipe
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas