Keto Bavarian Cream Donuts
Keto Bavarian Cream Donuts
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp granulated swerve divided
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 210 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 210 ml heavy cream
- 7 1/2 tbsp granulated swerve
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup swerve
- 11 g 2 packets gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 pt heavy cream
- 1 cup Lilys chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp liquid allulose
- Combine sour cream, butter, salt, and 3 tbs of the erythritol in a saucepan over medium-low. Cook, stirring, until butter melts, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir together yeast, water, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon granulated erythritol in a glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Combine sour cream mixture, yeast mixture, egg, and 1/3 bag of Ketonia bread mix in an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low; gradually add the rest of the mix, beating until dough forms. Turn dough out onto a surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (It should be tacky but release easily from the surface.) Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 hour.
- In a medium saucepan, combine almond milk, heavy cream, and swerve. In a small bowl, empty gelatin packets and pour cold water over gelatin. Let “bloom” for 5 minutes. Heat cream mixture over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble. Meanwhile, mix together egg yolks and ¼ c swerve in a metal bowl. Once the cream mixture starts to boil, slowly pour the boiling mixture into egg yolks while whisking yolks vigorously. Return yolk mixture back into the saucepan on medium heat. While waiting for the mixture to reheat to 185*, microwave gelatin mixture for 30 seconds until completely melted. Using a candy thermometer, heat egg and cream mixture to 185* and then remove from heat and mix in the melted gelatin. Mix in vanilla bean paste. Transfer to a small bowl and set the bowl into another bowl filled with ice to cool.
- In a bowl fit for a stand mixer, whisk 1 pt of heavy cream until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Fold whipped cream into cooled vanilla bean mixture. Pour into a piping bag and chill in the fridge.
- Roll out dough ¾ inch thick. Cut out dough using a 2 ¾ inch circle cookie cutter. Let rise for another 45 minutes while you preheat the oil.
- Preheat the oil in a deep skillet to 325*. Gently place the donuts into the oil a few at a time. Cook for 6 minutes, 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Before glazing. Once cooled, cut a small X in the side of each donut where you will insert your piping tip to fill the donuts. Fill each donut until the cream starts to ooze out.
- For the glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine Lily's chocolate and butter. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between. Microwave until almost melted but still has some lumps. Mix chocolate until chocolate completely melts. Stir in liquid allulose. Carefully dip one side of the donut in melted chocolate and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to set or enjoy it dripping with chocolate!
This Keto Bavarian Cream Donut is a keto-friendly snack recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas