Keto Coconut Shrimp with Sweet and Tangy Thai Mole Dipping Sauce
Keto Coconut Shrimp with Thai Mole Sauce
Sweet and Tangy Thai Mole Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pcs ancho chilies reconstituted with the seeds removed and chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- .5 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 388 grams unsweetened coconut milk
Coconut shrimp Ingredients and Instructions:
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Ketonia Coconut Macaroons
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Put 2 cups Ketonia Coconut Macaroons in a food processor and process until macarons are fine crumbs.
- Combine mayonnaise with cumin and chili powder
- Brush shrimp with mayo mixture and dredge in coconut macaroon mixture
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Cook according to air fryer directions or at 375* till no longer opaque and an internal temperature of 145* ~about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil, and add onions, chopped chilies , and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Add spices through paprika. Stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add cinnamon and cocoa stir for three minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally. About 20 minutes.
- While mole simmers, heat Medium saucepan, and add oil when hot, sauté peppers until soft.
- Add one can coconut milk and bring to a boil, reduce by half.
- Remove pan from heat. Let steep until the mole is ready.
- Remove the cover from the mole, and bring to boil and then reduce by half.
- Use a hand blender (or regular blender) to puree the mole mixture till smooth. Be careful, this mixture will be hot
- Remove the pan from heat and add chocolate, stirring to incorporate.
- Carefully add the mole mixture to the coconut milk mixture.
- Simmer gently until slightly thickened.
- Serve alongside coconut shrimp as a dipping sauce.
This Keto Coconut Shrimp with Thai Mole Sauce is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!