Keto Watermelon Sorbet
Keto Watermelon Sorbet
- 1/2 personal size watermelon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup swerve granulated
- 1/2 tsp lime juice if desired
- 2 tbsp Lily's chocolate
- Cut your personal watermelon in half and scoop out the watermelon from one half. Reserve the other half. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, about 15 seconds. Transfer 1/2 cup of your fresh watermelon puree into a small saucepan. Add swerve and water into the saucepan and mix well. Heat over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly boiling and the swerve is completely dissolved. Pour the heated watermelon puree back into the cold puree. Add your lime juice if desired. Turn on your ice cream machine and pour in the watermelon puree. Close the lid and let churn for about 1 hour or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour chocolate chips into a piping bag or a ziplock baggie. Microwave in 15 second intervals until melted. Cut just the tip off of your bag and pipe small dots onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cool in freezer until ice cream is ready. (If you'd like to skip this step you can use the unmelted chocolate chips and dump them directly into the sorbet).
- A couple minutes before the sorbet is done, pour your frozen chocolate dots into the ice cream machine and let churn for about a minute. Remove sorbet from the ice cream machine into an airtight container to store or directly into serving bowls.
- Tip: For pretty presentation, reserve watermelon rinds. Cut watermelon rinds into 1 inch thick semi circle slices then freeze for 1 hour. Place rinds on a piece of saran wrap and spoon sorbet into the rind. Smooth out the tops and sides with a plastic spatula. Wrap in saran wrap and freeze until solid. You can also try this with the entire hollowed out half and spoon the sorbet into the rind like a bowl.
This Keto Watermelon Sorbet is a keto-friendly dessert recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!