Keto Smoked Grilled Cheese
Keto Smoked Grilled Cheese
- 1 bag Ketonia bread mix
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp honey (the yeast will eat the sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter softened
Keto Grilled Cheese
- 24 slices American cheese
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- Mix honey and instant yeast in warm water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add eggs and stir. Add Ketonia bread mix and butter. Mix in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. You can also knead by hand for 10-15 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a smooth ball and let sit, covered, for 30 minutes. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a loaf pan for another 30 minutes, covered. Bake on 400* for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 200*. Let cool for 1 hour. Slice loaf into 12 slices.
- Preheat your smoker to 400* and place your cast iron skillet inside to heat up.
- Smear softened butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip the slices of bread over and place 4 slices of cheese on half of the slices. Place "un-cheesed" bread ontop of the cheesed bread with the buttered sides facing out.
- Place your grilled cheese in the preheated cast iron inside the smoker and let toast for 3-4 minutes. Flip grilled cheese and let toast for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining sandwiches. Enjoy the ooze!
This Keto Smoked Grilled Cheese is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!