Keto Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
Keto Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
- 2 tbsp Fat drippings
- 2 tbsp Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Better than Bouillon beef
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Mix honey and instant yeast in warm water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add eggs and stir. Add Ketonia bread mix and butter. Mix in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. You can also knead by hand for 10-15 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a smooth ball and let sit, covered, for 30 minutes. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a loaf pan for another 30 minutes, covered. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 200*. Let cool for 1 hour. Slice loaf into 12 slices.
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Mix together the pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle the seasonings all over the beef round and rub it in. Place meat in a medium sized baking pan. Slice onion into quarters and place around the chunk of meat along with the bay leaf. Cook in preheated oven for 1hr- 1hr 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 120*-125* for medium rare. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut the roast beef into thin slices.
- Bring the fat drippings to a boil in a small saucepan or in the pan that was used to cook your meat. Once boiling, add in your ketonia bread mix. Whisk the roux for about 2 minutes over medium heat. While whisking, add in your water. Bring the heat back up to high and continue to whisk until the gravy boils and thickens. At this point you can taste it and see if you'd like to add the Better than Bouillan. If you do, just whisk it in. Remove from heat.
- To prepare this sandwich place two slices of bread on a plate. Top both slices of bread with chopped roast beef and drizzle with gravy. This is an opened face sandwich that is best eaten with a fork and knife. Serve hot!
This Keto Hot Roast Beef Sandwich is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!