Keto Fried Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Keto Fried Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices Ketonia Bread
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 2 oz philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 slices raw bacon
- Nutiva coconut oil for frying
- 4 slices cheese we used pepper jack
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- Prepare your ketonia bread based off the instructions on the back of the bag. Slice loaf into 12 slices. Set 2 slices aside for this sandwich.
- Heat about 6 cups of coconut oil in your fryer to 375*.
- Put on gloves to avoid getting the oils in your skin. Cut the top of the jalapeno off and save the top. Scoop the seeds and the ribs out from the inside of the jalapeno. Tap the jalapeno on the counter to loosen more seeds. Roll the cream cheese between your hands to make a fat snake shape. Shove the cream cheese inside the jalapeno. Place the top of the jalapeno back on.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around the jalapeno long ways, over the top. Secure with two toothpicks, one on each side. With the second piece of bacon, start at the top and wrap the bacon all the way around to the bottom. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the wrapped jalapenos into the hot oil and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from oil and let cool. Once you can handle your popper, slice in half long ways with a sharp knife.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and melt 1 tbsp of butter on skillet. Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice of bread. Top one piece of bread with the jalapeno popper halves. Close up the sandwich and place on the skillet. Toast for 2-3 minutes, smear 1 tbsp butter on the untoasted side and then flip. Toast for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from heat and cut in half. Enjoy!
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!