There are some pretty legit tasting Zero Carb tortillas in the stores now. The street taco size are perfect for Keto Empanadas! They can be filled with beef, chicken , pork or just about anything you want. We chose chorizo cuz...I LOVE that stuff! They are wonderful. Be careful not to overstuff them or they can leak!Share on Facebook
1 Deep fryer
Lose weight eating food you love.Shop now on Amazon!
- Pre heat deep fryer. I Have a Grandpappy fryer with is pre set to 375*
- Saute onion and garlic on medium heat in a large saute pan. Don't let garlic get too brown!
- Add chorizo. Sprinkle in spices and stir to combine. Chorizo tends to be fairly fatty and is quite red so its sometimes hard to tell when its done. It will brown on the edges and the fat will render. Stir it with a wooden spoon every once in awhile.. Cook it for 8-10 minutes. Drain the fat. Set aside.
- Whisk egg in small bowl. This will be your glue to keep the empanada from opening up.
- To assemble: Using a pastry brush, paint egg wash liberally around the outside of the tortilla.
- Using a spoon, place a spoonful of chorizo on the tortilla. Sprinkle with a spoonful of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and press edges together, making sure the filling doesn't squeeze out as this will prevent the empanada from sealing.
- Using the tines of a fork, press the edges of the empanada firmly to seal. Do this on both sides.
- Let empanadas sit for 5 minutes to make sure egg seal sets.
- Gently place empanadas in hot oil 2 or 3 at a time, depending on the size of your fryer.
- Fry from 1.5 to 2 minutes on each side and till golden brown.
- Remove from fryer onto a rack or paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- Serve with Sour cream, salsa, guac or whatever you like!
Find a Walmart Near You!!
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Scan the QR CodeFor More Keto Recipes!
This Keto Empanadas is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority and we really appreciate your support!
Shop on Amazon