Keto Banana Bread
Keto Banana Bread
- 1½ cups Swerve Brown
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1½ tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs large
- 1 egg white
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 stick butter (½ cup) divided
- 1 tbs banana extract Use the real thing , please, not imitation! You'll thank me later.
- 1 tsp vanilla See banana note!
- 1 tbs water
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whey protein powder unflavored, unsweetened
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup Swerve brown
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tbs spiced rum
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Spray a 9.25 X5.25 X 2.75 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine, Ketonia mix, brown Swerve, baking powder and soda, coconut flour and whey protein. Whisk to combine.
- Brown half (4 tbs) of butter in a small pan. Over medium heat cook butter till it boils around the edges of the pan. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon till butter smells nutty and milk solids sort turning light brown. Remove from heat and immediately pour into heat proof bowl otherwise the butter will continue to cook and may burn! Chill in fridge.
- Once brown butter has solidified, combine with the rest of the softened butter and cream with brown swerve and the 1 tbs butter. This replaces the water that evaporated during the browning step. Cream several minutes till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time , fully incorporating before adding next egg.
- Whisk egg white till soft peaks form.
- Alternating dry mixture with almond milk in 3 additions, combine batter till fully mixed. Add walnuts and combine.
- Fold in whipped egg whites gently.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Bake on middle rack of oven.
- This Bread take 2 hours to bake. It's dense and we bake at a low temp so it doesn't brown too much. Don't be tempted to crank up the heat! It's worth the wait! I usually place a sheet pan on the rack above the bread to keep it from browning too much.
- Coolin pan for 5 minutes or so, then remove from pan and place on a rack to cool completely.
- While the bread cools, make your glaze.
- Combine Butter, Brown Swerve, salt and cream in a medium sauce pan. If you don't want to retain the alcohol, add the rum at this time or leave it out all together. Cook over medium heat till it begins to boil and swerve is dissolved. If you want to taste the rum, add it now. The rum will cause the mixture to bubble up so be careful! Sugar burns are painful!!!
- Pour over cake while still warm. There will be enough to pour over individual slices too!! Whipped cream would be a nice touch as well!
This Keto Banana Bread is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Shop on Amazon