Keto Cream Puffs
Keto Cream Puffs
- Pre heat oven to 450*. Place small metal pan with 2 inch high sides under bottom rack. You will pour water in this to create steam while they bake.
- Place shelf in bottom 1/3 of oven with enough room for a small metal pan underneath it. You will heat this pan and before you bake your puffs, add the boiling water to creat steam. Don't worry, I'll explain as we go along!
- Put about 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring to a low boil. This is for your steam.
- Make sure your eggs are quite warm by placing them in a bowl and covering them with hot tap water. If your water cools down before you use the eggs, cover them with more hot tap water.
- Separate one of the eggs. Stir or discard the yolk and save the white to use later.
- In a medium sauce pan bring water, salt and butter to a boil.
- Remove from burner and stir in Swerve.
- Add Ketonia mix all at once. Stir with a Woden spoon vigorously until dough comes away from the side of the pan.
- Return to medium low heat and still for 2-3 minutes. You are drying out the dough in this step. Do not let it brown.
- Place dough in food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times to cool slightly.
- Beat the 4 eggs together is a bowl. Whisk in the ammonium bicarbonate.
- Start the food processor and begin adding the egg mixture a bit at a time making sure the eggs incorporated before adding more. Once this is done incorporating egg white.
- Once this is done, look at your dough. You are going to spoon or pipe it onto a baking sheet. It must hold its shape and not spread. If it is still stiff, you may incorporate another egg.
- Spoon or pipe onto a baking sheet covered with parchment and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. I use a 1.5 oz scoop. The puffs will triple in size so give them a couple of inches in between so you have plenty of room.
- Using a spritz bottle filled with water, spray tops of puffs with water.
- Wear oven mits and be very careful to keep out of the way of the steam, pour the boiling water into the pan under the rack. Immediately close oven door. Steam can cause a very bad burn so be careful with this step.
- Turn the oven down to 425*
- Place puffs in oven. Do not open oven again while baking.
- Once the puffs have risen and are browned, about 15 minutes, turn oven down to 350* and cook for another 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cut a small slit in the side of the puff to release steam.
- Once they cool Cut in half and pick out the bready filaments. They are now ready to be filled.
- While Puffs cook, make the whipped cream:
- Pour heavy cream in a heavy duty bowl. Begin to whisk the heavy cream with hand held mixer on high. Add in confectioners swerve while continuing to mix. Add in vanilla extract. Whisk until thick and and soft peaks form, 3-5 minutes. Set aside. (Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.)
- Once Puffs have been filled with whipped cream, make the ganache.
- Bring cream to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in Lilly's chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes to melt and soften.
- Gently whisk till smooth. Spoon chocolate over tops of filled puffs. Serve.
This is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Shop on Amazon