Keto American Flag Taco Dip
Keto American Flag Taco Dip
Keto Tortilla Chips
- 2 ½ cup Ketonia mix sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup lard or shortening
- ¾ cup hot water
- oil for frying
Taco Salad Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp ketonia keto taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups lettuce shredded
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 cups cheese
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes halved
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Measure out your Ketonia mix and put it through a fine-mesh sifter. What does not fit through the sifter, place in a coffee grinder or small bullet and grind until fine and fits through the strainer. Transfer to a bowl fitted for a stand mixer and add your salt and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients with a paddle attachment until well combined. Add in your lard or shortening and mix on medium speed until crumbly and sand-like. You can also do this by hand by massaging the lard into your dry ingredients.
- For the hot water, your sink water most likely will be hot enough, but you can also heat some water on the stove. Add the hot water a little at a time, about ¼ cup. Let the water incorporate with the dry ingredients before adding more. Once the dough is a good consistency, soft and pliable, knead for 5 minutes on high. Or, if you’re doing it by hand, knead for 10 minutes. After removing the dough from the mixer, knead for a minute to form a smooth ball. Wrap with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into 10 even portions. Roll out each piece of dough very thin, almost translucent, and transfer back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set in place. Heat a large skillet on medium-low and place one tortilla at a time on the ungreased skillet. Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned spots appear and the dough is cooked thoroughly. Make sure not to burn them, or they will crisp up. Don’t expect perfectly round tortillas. It takes practice. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to cool.
- *Don’t be afraid to use the lard. The flavor it brings is absolutely amazing.
- Heat oil in a skillet or deep fryer to 375*. Cut tortillas in half twice to create 40 little triangles. Once oil is hot, carefully drop tortilla pieces into the oil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until they float to the top. Remove and let dry on a paper towel.
Taco Salad Dip
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef for 5 minutes or until no pink remaining. Strain most of the grease and return to heat. Pour your salsa and sprinkle your taco seasoning over the strained meat. It will look very dry now so add your water. Cook for another 5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. The meat should still be slightly wet.
- Layer the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish with about half of your tortilla chips. Spread taco meat evenly over the chips. Cover with shredded lettuce and top that with shredded cheese. On the top left corner of your dish, smear sour cream in a square shape to create the background for the "stars". Cut your cherry tomatoes in half, horizontally, so your tomatoes are long and skinny. Lay them cut side down in 4 rows to create stripes. Place your sliced olives in the corner on top of the sour cream. You should now have a beautiful and festive american flag appetizer! Enjoy with the remaining keto tortilla chips.
This Keto American Flag Taco Dip is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas