Keto Greek Gyro Style Pork
Keto Greek Gyro Style Pork
- 2 ½ pounds pork shoulder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium-size yellow onions peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp mid-eastern spice mix such as Spice merchant Shawarma mix
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh oregano leaves approximately 5 sprigs
- Put pork loin on a plate, and place in the freezer for approximately 1 hour, or until it is firm to the touch. Put meat on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, remove and discard any skin, then slice the meat thinly against the grain, into 1/2-inch slices.
- Make the marinade. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil tomato paste, and garlic into the marinade, then add 1 tablespoon of the paprika, along with the salt, pepper and oregano leaves. Whisk again, scatter sliced onions on top, then place the sliced pork into the marinade, toss to combine and cover and refrigerate the meat for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 450. Use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to grease a rimmed sheet pan. Remove the pork and onion from the marinade, and place on the pan, spreading everything evenly across it.
- Put the pork in the oven, and roast until it is browned, crisp at the edges and cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Check the meat at around 20 minutes to see how much liquid is in the pan. If there is a lot, remove the pan, and pour off all but a few tablespoons. Remove the finished pork from the oven, allow it to rest for a minute or two before serving.
This Keto Greek Gyro Style Pork is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!