Keto Stuffed Pretzel Balls
Keto Stuffed Pretzel Balls
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 lb Bacon
- 1 whole Jalapeño
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Barley malt
- 1 Egg whisked
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl fit for a stand mixer, combine your Ketonia bread mix, water, yeast, and honey. Fit with a dough hook and mix on medium high for 5 minutes. Let proof for 45 minutes while you prepare your stuffing.
- Prepare your stuffing; dice your jalapeño, shred your cheddar, and dice and cook your bacon. In a large bowl, combine cheese, bacon, jalapeño, and mayonnaise. With a sturdy spoon, chop and mix ingredients together.
- Divide your pretzel dough into 12 equal portions. This will be roughly 50g for each pretzel ball. One at a time, flatten out each dough ball and scoop 1 tbsp of stuffing into the middle, this will also help create a hollow center. Pinch the seams closed around the stuffing and roll into a nice ball. Repeat for all 12. You will have leftover stuffing, save it! Let dough balls rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400*. While your dough balls rest, boil a large pot of water. Once your water is boiled, mix in 1 tsp of barley malt and drop in a few pretzel puffs in the water at a time and boil for 10 seconds on each side. Remove from water and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops of pretzel puffs with egg wash and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake pretzel puffs for 15 minutes. While they're baking, combine heavy cream and the rest of the cheese stuffing in a small pot. Warm on medium heat and stir until smooth. Pour the jalapeño, bacon, cheese sauce into a piping bag and fill each pretzel puff OR just dip the pretzel puffs into a bowl of the warm cheesy sauce.
This Keto Stuffed Pretzel Balls is a keto-friendly lunch recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas