Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 green peppers chopped. (Actually, I used one green and one poblano, cause that’s what I had. Feel free to improvise!)
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp bacon fat
- 1.5 tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp Better than Boullion chicken base
- 3 cups Rao's tomato sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut out the core of 1 head of green cabbage. Gently peel off individual leaves, say 20 or 25 depending on their size. Leave the water on the stove in case you need a few more! Blanch the leaves for 2 minutes or so, shock them in cold water to stop the cooking and drain on paper towels. Mix vinegar into tomato sauce thoroughly and spread a couple of spoonfuls in the bottom of your baking dish, this keeps the cabbage from sticking! Also, to tell you the truth, I buy aluminum steam table ½ pans in bulk at Sam's. No dishes to wash!
- In a medium-hot saute pan add bacon fat and saute onions, peppers and chicken base for a few minutes.
- Add Paprika and garlic and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
- Stir in cauliflower and saute for a few minutes. Stir the mixture to make sure it is all combined.
- Let cool for a few minutes in a large bowl.
- Add meat to the cauliflower mixture, add egg and using your hands to mix gently but thoroughly.
- Place cabbage leaves in front of you, root end closest to you. Scoop ⅓ cup meat mixture onto the leaf. To be honest I used my hands (make sure you’re washing your hands throughout this process).
- But you could use a measuring cup or cookie scoop. Whatever floats your boat!
- Now fold the leaf on the right and left-hand sides over the filling. It doesn't have to meet in the middle or anything. Then roll it up and place folded side down in your baking dish. Arrange rolls in the baking dish and cover with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till cooked through and browned.
This Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!