Keto and Low Carb Recipes: Kabocha Poblano Casserole
Keto Kabocha Poblano Casserole
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly vertically sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds kabocha squash seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/3-inch thick wedges
- 1 ¼ lb Zucchini sliced in 1-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz. of cream
- 2 oz Queso Fresco crumbled
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Roast the peppers until the skin is charred and blistered. You can do this over the open flame on a gas stove, or by heating your broiler to high and placing poblanos within a few inches of the broiler (turning to get all sides charred).
- Place peppers in a brown lunch bag. Let cool, then rub skin to remove as much charred skin as possible. Clean out the seeds and dice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine onion, oil, pumpkin, zucchini, garlic, and toss together. Sprinkle the next 4 ingredients (through ground red pepper), tossing to coat. Place one-third of pumpkin mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with one-third of pepper strips.
- Repeat procedure twice with pumpkin mixture and peppers. Pour milk over vegetables. Coat top layer with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
This Keto Kabocha Poblano Casserole is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!