Keto Roasted Asian Salmon
Keto Roasted Asian Salmon
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons red-pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds crushed
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and sliced into coins
- 3 fat garlic cloves peeled and minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 skinless salmon fillet
- 4 ounces feta crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees. In an oven-proof skillet large enough to hold the salmon, combine olive oil, red pepper flakes, paprika, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and just simmering, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let steep for as long as possible but at least 15 minutes. I made this part early and let it sit for a few hours.
- Reheat until garlic starts to sizzle again.
- Pat the salmon dry, and then sprinkle with salt and place in the spiced oil flesh side up. Spoon some of the oil over the salmon, then bake, basting occasionally, until cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes (You will know if the salmon is done when the fish flakes when cut into with a knife or fork. Or, when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reaches 120 degrees).
- Serve salmon garnished with feta. Drizzle pan oil on top. Reserve leftover oil for cooking or dipping. It’s amazing. Serve salmon garnished with feta. Drizzle pan oil on top. Reserve leftover oil for cooking or dipping. It’s amazing. This particular recipe is a simple and a perfect dish for a home-cooked meal with some delicious keto sides, such as creamy cauliflower and broccoli au gratin or prosciutto wrapped asparagus with feta.
This Keto Roasted Asian Salmon is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!