Keto Creamy Broccoli-Cauliflower Au Gratin
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Two medium leeks sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2/3 cup of cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese shredded and divided into 7 ounces and 1 ounce
- Two 12 ounce bags of fresh broccoli and cauliflower in steamer bags My local grocery stores sell bags of fresh produce that you can just pop in the microwave for a few minutes
- Leeks can be fairly dirty so you need to clean them. Cut the root end, slice them down the center and run under cold water.
- Remove any particularly dirty or dark green outer leaves. Then thinly slice the white and light green part of the leek.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons of butter, cook until foamy and add the leeks. Cook until translucent.
- Add cream to the pan, when hot, add cream cheese and stir until incorporated, and then whisk in mustard and red pepper. When the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat and add 7 ounces of the shredded cheese. Stir until incorporated and creamy.
- Pour contents in a casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining ounce of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes in a 350° oven.
- To be completely honest I totally winged this one. I knew my son would still be hungry even after two avocados stuffed with tacos and all the fixings (this side was paired with my Mexcian Taco Stuffed Avocados). He has two hollow legs, and was still ravenous. So, I threw this casserole together with some ingredients I had laying around and it turned out great! An excellent twist to the classic favorite. You can change up the seasonings (maybe a Cajun or spicy version for those who like a little heat), add a little more cream or extra cheese to put your own spin on it. I covered mine with tin foil, so it didn't lose too much moisture. Though, you can take the foil off for the last few minutes if you want it a little more browned on top.
This Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Au Gratin is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!