Keto Hatch Green Chile Casserole
Keto Hatch Green Chile Casserole
- 1 large tub/ 27 ounce can hatch whole green chiles drained and diced*
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 25 grams white onion
- ¼ cup of water
- 9 grams/2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3-4 large zucchini spiralized
- 3-4 cloves garlic**
- 240 grams/1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp Better Than Bouillon-Roasted Chicken flavor
- 300 grams/2 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 113 grams/4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 Tsp Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
- 680 grams/1 ½ lbs chicken shredded ***
- 30-40 grams/¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set aside ¼ cup of the diced green chiles, 1/4 cup of the red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup of the yellow bell pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Blend together the ¼ white onion, remaining diced green chiles, and ¼ cup of water. You could use ¼ of the juice from the can of green chiles instead of water if you like.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the spiralized zucchini and saute until the zoodles start to soften. They will reduce considerably. I used the excess liquid to add to the sauce. Transfer to a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to the heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and let it become hot. Then add the diced yellow and red bell pepper, but don't forget to save ¼ cup of each color for later. Cook until the vegetables start to soften before adding garlic. Then add the blended green chiles to the pan.
- Once the sauce starts to bubble, stir in the cup of heavy whipping cream. The sauce may seem thinner and will look a lot lighter. Stir in the Better Than Bouillon. Add any juices let from sauteing the zucchini.
- Stir in 2 1/4 cups of pepper jack cheese. I’ll be honest here, I added more cheese to taste!
- Cube up the softened cream cheese and add to the sauce. Mix very well, you may even want to use a whisk.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Layer the shredded chicken over the zoodles in your casserole dish.
- Pour the green chile cream sauce over your casserole. Shake the dish and give a little stir to make sure the sauce gets evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup red bell pepper, ¼ cup yellow bell pepper, and ¼ cup green chiles over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle on the remaining ¼ shredded pepper jack cheese and the ¼ cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the casserole is bubbling.
- Voilà, your casserole is complete. Dig in!
This Keto Hatch Green Chile Casserole is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!