Keto Roast Turkey and Gravy
Keto Roast Turkey and Gravy
- 13 lb Turkey defrosted frozen
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 rib celery
- 3 tbs Ketonia Foods Baking Mix
- 3 tbs turkey fat or butter
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Place turkey in pan.Stuff cavity with quartered onion.
- Pat skin dry and sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Scatter second quartered onion around turkey to flavor your gravy.
- Place bacon strips on turkey breast and legs. Cover tightly with lid or foil.
- Roast in oven, checking occasionally for 2.5 hours.
- Meanwhile place turkey neck, gizzards, heart, onion and celery in a small saucepan. Simmer for and hour and a half or so. You will use this to make gravy. You can also skip this step and use store bought stock.
- Take top of roaster or foil off turkey. Roast till bacon is crispy, skin is golden brown and internal temperature of thigh meat is 165*, perhaps 1 more hour.
- Remove turkey to carving board to rest for 45 minutes or so.
- After resting carve turkey.
- Strain juices from roasting pan into a fat separator or a measuring cup. Save 3-4 tbs of fat and discard the rest. If making your own stock, strain this into a cup as well. .
- Pour fat into bottom of roasting pan on med high heat. Sprinkle Bread mix over fat and stir for 2-3 minutes to cook the mixture.
- Pour in 1 cup of roasting juices and whisk till thick. Add stock till it has the consistency you like. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain gravy into bowl and serve with turkey.
This Keto Roast Turkey and Gravy is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!