Keto Focaccia Bread
Keto Focaccia Bread
- 1 bag Ketonia bread mix
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp honey (the yeast will eat the sugar)
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 4 stalks asparagus
- 4 oz pancetta
- 2 baby bell peppers
- 12 blades chives fresh
- 5 sprigs rosemary fresh
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl fit for a stand mixer combine ketonia mix, 2 tbsp olive oil, instant yeast, honey, and warm water. Mix on medium high speed with a bread hook attachment until the dough has fully come together, about 5 minutes. Remove dough from mixer and knead into a smooth ball. Let dough rest, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Cook your pancetta in a skillet on the stove until slightly crispy. Cut about 2 inches off the bottom of your asparagus and slice your baby bell peppers into small rounds.
- Preheat your oven to 400*. Roll out your dough until its the size of your baking dish. Pour 1 tbsp into the bottom of your empty baking dish. Spread the oil evenly across the bottom. Place the rolled out dough into the baking dish and flatten out. Pour the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over the dough and use your finger tips to poke indentions all over the dough. This should created little pockets of olive oil. Place your vegetables and pancetta on the dough in a design. We used the chives and asparagus as flower stems, the pancetta and bell peppers as flower petals, and the rosemary sprigs as blades of grass. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes, covered.
- Place the dough into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 200*. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
This Keto Focaccia Bread is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!