Keto Maple Bacon Yeast Donuts
Keto Maple Bacon Yeast Donuts
For the Donut Bread
For the Bacon Glaze
For the Donuts
- Combine sour cream, butter, salt, and 3 tbsp. of the erythritol in a saucepan over medium-low. Cook, stirring, until butter melts, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir together yeast, water, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon granulated erythritol in a glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream mixture, yeast mixture, egg, and 1/3 bag of Ketonia bread mix in an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low; gradually add the rest of the mix, beating until dough forms.
- Turn out onto a surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (It should be tacky but release easily from the surface.) Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 hour..
- Roll out dough ⅜ inch thick. Cut out dough using a 2 ½ in circle cookie cutter. Using a 1 inch cookie cutter, cut out the small wholes in the middle of each donut. Set aside, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 365*. Gently place the donuts into the oil a few at a time. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Before glazing.
For the Glazes
- Preheat oven to 425*. In a small bowl combine brown erythritol, cayenne, and maple syrup, mix well. Massage the maple mixture into raw bacon strips and lay on a baking sheet lined with foil. Place bacon in preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Make sure you keep an eye on it because the sugar will brown quickly. Set baking tray at an angle to let fat drip off bacon as it cools. Transfer bacon to a cutting board and chop to desired size.
- Chocolate glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, combine Lily’s chocolate and butter. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between. Microwave until almost melted but still has some lumps. Mix chocolate until chocolate completely melts. Stir in liquid allulose. Carefully dip one side of the donut in melted chocolate and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Maple glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners swerve and Lakanto maple syrup, stir well. Carefully dip one side of each donut into maple glaze. Set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Sprinkle candied bacon over glaze. Enjoy!
This Keto Maple Bacon Yeast Donut is a keto-friendly dessert / snack recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas