Keto Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
Keto Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks cold butter cubed
- ¾ cup ice water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- ¾ granulated swerve
- ½ cup strained meyer lemon juice
- Zest of 1 meyer lemon
- Pinch salt
- 8 tbsp butter cubed, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 tbsp granulated Swerve
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- In a medium bowl fit for a stand mixer, combine your bag of Ketonia mix and salt, mix. Cut both cold sticks of butter in half horizontally, twice, creating 8 long skinny sticks of butter. Dice the sticks of butter creating about 60 small cubes of cold butter. Sprinkle butter on top of mix and mix with paddle attachment for a couple of minutes on high speed. Mix until butter is small and broken up, no bigger than the size of a pea. While continuing to mix, pour in a little bit of ice water at a time just until the dough starts to come together. Dump dough onto the counter and form two even balls of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can store one ball of dough in the freezer for another day.
- Preheat the oven to 375*. Roll out one ball of pie crust to the size of your pie pan, making sure it's not stretched and fits in the pan comfortably. Poke holes in the pie crust with a fork to let steam escape. Lay parchment paper or tin foil over the pie crust and fill the pie with a few cups of dried beans. This part is optional but recommended. Blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Take off the beans and parchment paper and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, and swerve. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Whisk briskly until the mixture has thickened, doubled in size, and holds the lines of a whisk, 5-10 minutes. Remove the curd from the heat and pass through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard the zest. Thoroughly whisk in the butter and vanilla. Pour the lemon curd into the baked pie crust and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar. Once it gets frothy, turn the machine on high and add the swerve ½ tbsp at a time. Add vanilla if desired and using a whisk attachment, beat on high speed till stiff and glossy. Scoop Meringue on top lemon curd and smooth out with a plastic spatula.
- Optional: Use blow torch and lightly brown meringue
This Keto Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie is a keto-friendly dessert recipe
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas