Keto Croque Madame
Keto Croque Madame
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Ketonia Baking Mix sifted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water plus 1 tsp Better than Bouillon
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices Ketonia Baking Mix - Bread
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 thin slices ham
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare Ketonia bread as directed on the back of the bag.
- In a two‑quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in Ketonia mix until combined and forms a thick paste (roux). Continue to cook roux for two minutes over medium‑low heat, stirring constantly. Whisk heavy cream and Better than Bouillon water mixture into the roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer, about 2‑3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in Pecorino Romano cheese until the Mornay sauce is smooth. Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste. You will have extra, it’s an amazing dipping sauce for just about everything.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spread half tablespoon butter on each slice of bread, both sides. Toast both sides of the bread on the heated skillet. Remove toast from heat and spread each with 1 teaspoon mustard. Top each mustard slice with 3 slices ham, ½ cup Gruyère, and toast it under a broiler until cheese is melty. Evenly spread the tops of each sandwich with 2 tbsp of Mornay sauce. Transfer back to the oven and cook until mornay sauce is golden, 30 seconds-1 minute. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Crack eggs into the skillet and fry until whites are set, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top each sandwich with an egg. Pour 1-2 tbsp of mornay sauce on top.
This is a keto-friendly lunch recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas