St. Patrick’s Keto Shepherd’s Pie
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This shepherd’s pie is the best pie for today’s celebration. Is it Irish? Is it English? Whatever it is, one thing’s for sure – it’s keto!
St. Patricks Keto Shepherd's Pie
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large rib celery diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 bag Kabocha squash frozen
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- In a large pan, brown lamb until no pink remains. Remove lamb from pan and reserve on a plate. Using fat from lamb, saute vegetables (diced carrot and celery) until soft. Return lamb to pan. Add oil and Ketonia bread mix (this will thicken the gravy). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add hot water and Better than Bouillon and stir till it thickens. Add red wine and Worcestershire and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a deep-dish pie plate.
- Microwave Kabocha squash for 6 minutes. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in sour cream, butter and ¾ cup cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon squash on top of the meat mixture and smooth it over, covering the meat. Sprinkle ¼ cup remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 45 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. Enjoy!!!
- Servings 6
- Calories 356
- Fat 26g
- Protein 24g
- Net Carbs = 3g
this is a keto-friendly lunch recipe / this is a keto-friendly dinner recipe
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas