Keto Viral Roasted Tomato & Feta Pasta
Keto Viral Roasted Tomato & Feta Pasta
- 1 batch Ketonia Pasta
- Check out the recipe below for Ketonia Pasta or click this link.
Roasted Tomato & Feta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425*. In a large glass baking dish, add tomatoes, block of feta, minced shallot, garlic, and basil. Pour olive oil over the entire dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tomatos have popped. Once done, peel the skin off your roasted garlic and give the contents of the dish a good stir. Add cooked and strained pasta into the warm and melty feta mixture and stir. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl empty contents of 1 bag bread mix. Whisk in salt and make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour eggs and yolks into the center and using your fingers or a spatula push the flour into the eggs. Gradually a shaggy dough ball will form. Work dough in the bowl until all flour is incorporated.
- You can knead the dough in the bowl, but I find it easier to plop it on the counter. Knead for 10 minutes. As you knead the dough, it may start to resist you. Just cover it with plastic and let it rest for 10 minutes. This will let the gluten relax and make the kneading easier.
- Now wrap in plastic and let your dough rest for 1 hour.
BY STAND MIXER:
- Attach the hook and mix dough for a good 5 -6 minutes. You may have to help it along, using a spatula to get all the dough to ball up around the hook. It should be a firm smooth ball when you’re done. Wrap it in plastic and let rest for an hour.
- Once the dough has rested for an hour and is ready to go, remove it from the plastic wrap and transfer it again to a cutting board. Use a knife to cut the dough into 6 equal wedges (like you’re slicing a pie), then set one wedge aside and immediately wrap the remainder in the plastic wrap again to prevent them from drying out.
- Roll wedge out into a rectangle 10 inches or so then fold in half and roll out again. Do this 2 more times. Now roll our pasta to 1 or 2 millimeters thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the dough into 5-inch sections. Then, starting on the short side of the sections, roll them up into very loose, flat cylinders. Cut the cylinders cross-wise to create your desired width of noodles. Then transfer the cut pasta to a drying rack, or lay them on parchment while you make the rest.
BY MANUAL ROLLER OR STAND MIXER ATTACHMENT:
- You will proceed here according to the directions of your pasta maker.
- This is, in general, what I do:
- Roll a portion out by hand into a long strip
- Roll out on the lowest number ( my machine starts on 0) 3 times.
- Do this up to number 3.
- Now take the pasta sheet and fold it like a business letter.
- Start at the first setting again and continue on to the thickness you want.
- I find the keto dough sheets need to dried a bit before the final cutting into noodles/fettuccine/ spaghetti etc.
- Once you have all your pasta cut, you can let it dry on parchment paper and bag it for later use or use it immediately. Either way, fresh pasta cooks much faster than store bought!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and stir briefly. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. No more! The best pasta is warmed in the sauce and cooked briefly. This allows the pasta to soak up the flavors of the sauce. I find that this goes double for the Ketonia Pasta. Even if you’re just making noodles with butter and parmesan, it is so worth it to swirl it around in a sauté pan for a few minutes. The pasta just soaks up the buttery goodness and YUM!!!
This Keto Viral Roasted Tomato & Feta Pasta is a keto-friendly lunch/dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas