Keto Poppy Seed Kolaches
Keto Poppy Seed Kolaches
For the bread:
- 1 Ketonia Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs butter room temperature
- ½ cup Swerve
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs instant yeast
For the filling:
- ¾ cup poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Swerve
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Combine all ingredients and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let dough rest, covered, for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the poppy filling:
- Grind the poppy seeds in a blender with about half the cream. Place the poppy seed mixture and the remaining cream in a heavy saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the Swerve and the almond extract. Simmer for a minute or two. It will thicken as it cools.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- After resting, roll dough into a 12 X 12 or so rectangle. Divide dough into 12 squares. Using your thumb make an indent in the squares. Spoon a healthy teaspoon or so into the thumbprint.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Brush with egg wash. Bake on a parchment lined sheet pan, 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and delicious! Voila! Enjoy your Keto Poppy Seed Kolaches!
This Keto Poppy Seed Kolaches is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!