Keto New Orleans Muffuletta
Keto New Orleans Muffuletta
Ingredients for the Olive Salad:
- 1 cup olives pitted, preferably a mix, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon celery minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed, dried, and roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 Italian hot pickled peppers such as pepperoncini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Ketonia Foods Bread Mix according to directions.
- After the second rise, shape dough into a ball shape (see the video on shaping round boule).
- Place on a sheet pan covered with parchment. Flatten round to a 2 inch thick round. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Before baking spritz or brush with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine olives, shallot, celery, red peppers, capers, hot peppers (if using) and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Season to taste with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Slice Round loaf horizontally, tear out some of the doughy insides of the bread if it's especially thick. Divide olive salad over the cut sides of both top and bottom.
- Layer meats and cheese on the bottom half. Put the top half on carefully so you don't lose any olive salad!
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap for an hour or so. This lets the bread soak up all the juices! Slice and serve!
This Keto New Orleans Muffuletta is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!