Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
Keto Meat Lovers Calzone
- Ketonia Foods Baking Mix Mix according to directions, substituting 2 Tbsp olive oil for Butter. After mixing let rest for 30 minutes then proceed with the calzone recipe.
- 4 ounces hot Italian sausage casings removed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni quartered
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest deli ham cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami quartered
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano divided
- 1 pound whole-milk mozzarella cheese shredded (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 2 pieces
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 Tbs Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Rao’s marinara sauce for dipping
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat your oven to 400 degrees. Preheat pizza stone if using. Alternatively, use a large baking sheet, upside down and preheat along with the oven.
- Cook sausage in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool completely about 20 minutes. Add pepperoni, ham, salami, and ½ teaspoon oregano to bowl with sausage and toss to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Place 1 dough ball onto parchment paper. Using your hands, flatten into an 8-inch disk. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella evenly over dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Sprinkle one-third of sausage mixture (about 1 heaping cup) over cheese. Repeat layering until cheese and meat mixture are used up (top layer should be cheese).
- Roll the remaining dough ball into a 12-inch circle on the counter. Brush edges of the dough on parchment with water. Loosely roll dough on the counter around the rolling pin and gently unroll it directly over dough on parchment and filling. Press dough edges together firmly to seal. Crimp edges over on itself, like a pie crust. Press to seal.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1-inch hole in the top center of the pizza. Lifting parchment, transfer the pizza to a rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel. Using your hands, press down on top of the pizza to compress filling into an even layer. Slide onto the pizza stone or inverted sheet pan. Bake until deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Slide pizza from the oven onto a wire rack. Microwave butter and garlic in a small bowl until butter is melted and the mixture is fragrant about 1 minute. Brush top of the hot pizza with garlic butter, then sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan. Let pizza cool on the rack for a bit before slicing. Serve with Rao’s for dipping.
This Keto Meat Lovers Calzone is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!