Keto Pull-Apart Bread: Lemon and Blueberry
Keto Pull-Apart Bread: Lemon and Blueberry
- Grease a bread pan and line with parchment.
- Ketonia Bread mix can be made by hand, in a stand mixer or a food processor. I have found the food processor method the fastest and easiest! For a demo of all 3 methods Please go to our Amazon listing here. To use the food processor, put bread mix, swerve, nutmeg, and 8 tbs butter in the bowl of the processor. Pulse to combine. In a small saucepan warm cream to 100*F/110*F. This temperature is just slightly above your body temperature, so it's really just slightly warm. Don't let it get hot, it will kill the yeast. If you are nervous about it getting too hot, you don't HAVE to warm it, but it will take longer to rise.
- Add yeast, honey, and eggs to cream and whisk slightly. Turn on your food processor and add your liquids in 3 stages waiting a few seconds between additions. Once all liquid is added, let the processor continue until the mixture comes into a cohesive ball and the machine seems to struggle a bit. Spray vegetable spray on a clean counter and empty contents of the processor on the counter, scraping any bits left in the processor and adding them to your ball. Knead for a few moments, cover dough and let rise for 1 hour. Meanwhile mix ½ cup Swerve, lemon zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Once it has risen, spray your surface again and roll dough into a 13 x 18 rectangle. Using your hands, spread softened ½ cup of butter over the rectangle. Sprinkle Swerve mixture evenly over buttered dough. Sprinkle ½ the berries on top of sugar mixture.
- Cut the dough into five equal strips, lengthwise. Stack the strips on top of each other and cut into fifths again. You are basically cutting the dough into pieces that will fill the pan standing up against each other, as shown.
- Place the pieces of cut dough in a row in the lined loaf pan. It’s okay if they are not all facing the same directions or if they do not fill out the pan at this point. You may have a few leftover pieces. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries. Cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour or so. Preheat the oven to 375. Remove the towel and bake in the center oven for 45 minutes. It is best to use a thermometer to make sure the center is at least 200*F. If not, let it bake another 10 minutes and check again. If the top browns too much, place a sheet of foil over the top of the bread.
- While bread is baking, mix icing ingredients in a small bowl adding cream until it is a pourable glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm bread.
- The bread should cool for at least ½ an hour, but honestly, my gang had a hard time waiting! When slightly cooled, as the name suggests, pull it apart and ENJOY!
This Keto Pull-Apart Bread: Lemon and Blueberry is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!