Keto Kentucky Hot Brown
Keto Kentucky Hot Brown
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp honey (the yeast will eat the sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon
- ½ c Pecorino Romano cheese plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb roasted turkey breast sliced thick
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 1 Roma tomato sliced in quarters
- Paprika and Parsley for garnish
- Mix honey and instant yeast in warm water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add eggs and stir. Add Ketonia bread mix and butter. Mix in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. You can also knead by hand for 10-15 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a smooth ball and let sit, covered, for 30 minutes. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a loaf pan for another 30 minutes, covered. Bake on 400* for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 200*. Let cool for 1 hour. Slice loaf into 12 slices.
- In a two‑quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in Ketonia mix until combined and forms a thick paste (roux). Continue to cook roux for two minutes over medium‑low heat, stirring frequently. Whisk heavy cream and Better than Bouillon water mixture into the roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer about 2‑3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in Pecorino Romano cheese until the Mornay sauce is smooth. Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- For each Hot Brown, place four slices of Ketonia bread in an oven-safe dish – one slice is cut in half corner to corner to make two triangles and the other slice is left in a square shape – then cover each slice with 4 ounces of turkey. Take the four quarters of Roma tomato and set them alongside the base of the turkey and toast. Next, pour the Mornay sauce to completely cover the dish. Sprinkle with additional Pecorino Romano cheese. Place the entire dish in the oven. The suggested bake time is 20 minutes at 350º. When the cheese begins to brown and bubble, remove it from the oven, cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top of each piece of toast, sprinkle with paprika and parsley, and serve immediately. Enjoy your Keto Kentucky Hot Brown!!
this is a keto-friendly lunch recipe / this is a keto-friendly dinner recipe
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas