Keto Cheesy Beef Flautas
Keto Cheesy Beef Flautas
- The Flauta Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ large onion diced
- ⅚ garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1 or 2 jalapeños minced. Remove seeds and ribs for less heat
- ½ cup Pace Picante sauce
- 2 tbs cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs chipotle chile powder
- Salt to taste
- Low carb tortillas I used Kenu KItchens Tortillas
- The Flauta Sauce:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, and jalapeños in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break up beef and stir onions etc. Cook until meat is nicely browned and vegetables are translucent. Drain a bit of the fat if necessary. Add all spices and stir, cooking until fragrant 30 seconds or so. Remove from heat, stir in salsa and cheese. Let cool a few minutes while you make the sauce.
- Place diced avocado in a blender or small food processor. Add sour cream, lime, and cilantro(if using). Combine till smooth and creamy. Add water if necessary to thin out. Refrigerate till used!
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface, spoon ¼ cup or so of meat mixture (depending on the size of your tortilla!) roll the lower third of it. Roll tortilla from the bottom (meat) to top into a cylinder. Place on a plate with the flap side down on the plate. Continue with remaining meat and tortillas.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add 2 tbs oil. Start frying the flautas on the bottom side till brown, this will keep them from trying to open when you turn them. Fry till golden brown and crispy on all sides! You can do several in a pan depending on the size of your skillet. Lay on paper towels to absorb excess oil and serve with avocado sauce, additional cheese, and sour cream if desired!
This Keto Cheesy Beef Flautas is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!