Keto Croissants: Bacon & Cheese
Keto Croissants: Bacon & Cheese
- Follow recipe for Ketonia's croissant dough. After the 6th and final turn, prepare your breakfast fillings while your dough chills.
- Cook the bacon to your desired crispiness then dice into small pieces. Slice your cheese horizontally 3 times, creating 4 equal sections. Then cut once vertical down the middle, creating 8 equal sections.
- Roll our your croissant dough into a thin rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Divide into 12 equal rectangles, approximately 3in x 4in. Lay 4 small pieces of cheese on the top 1/3 portion of the rectangle and cover with bacon pieces. Fold the croissant dough over the cheese and bacon and pinch the seam closed. Set the rolled croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seam side down. Cover and let rest for 1hr.
- Preheat your oven to 375*. Brush croissants with egg wash and bake for 17-20 minutes. Tear and enjoy all those flakey layers!
- Combine all ingredients and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let dough rest, covered, for 60 minutes.
- Spray a bit of vegetable spray on the work surface to keep the dough from sticking. Roll dough out to about 12” x 12” square. Place prepared butter in the center of the dough.
- Fold each corner over butter to form a neat package.
- Firmly hit the dough a few times to soften the butter, then out to a 12” x 8” inch rectangle.
- As if folding a business letter, fold the top third of the dough over the middle third. The fold the bottom third up onto the middle. Now turn the dough rectangle so the long open end faces your right. Think of it looking like a book. This is called your first fold and turn.
- You can usually do 2 turns at a time, so you will repeat this rolling out of the dough, folding it and turning once more. If the dough fights you, tries to spring back or the butter gets soft, simply cover it and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour or so, then pull it out and continue.
- Press your fingers in the dough to indicate how many turns you’ve done.
- You will roll our fold and turn your dough a total of 6 times. You rest the dough covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for 45 minutes or till the butter stiffens a bit after each pair of turns. You can also return it to the fridge for a bit if the butter softens too much during any of the folds.
- I’m guessing at this point you are freaking out and saying “No Way!”. Unfortunately, the directions are incredibly wordy for a basically simple task. You can do this over the course of a couple of days. You work the dough then rest the dough. You can work it into your own schedule. Sounds more complicated than it is!! We will also have a video to help you along. These babies are SO worth it!
- As I said, you will roll, fold, turn and rest the dough a total of six times. After the 6th and final turn, return to the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Now you roll the dough out to ¼ inch thick. If it gets soft and doesn’t “cooperate” toss it in the fridges for 15 or 20 minutes. It will be about 14 inches by 20 inches. Trim any uneven edges with a pizza cutter. Cut the dough in half lengthwise with a pizza cutter.
- Now cut your dough into triangles. A 4 inch base is a good size but a little bigger or smaller if you want!
- (You can also cut even rectangles to fill with chocolate, ham and cheese or fillings!)
- To roll the croissant, gently pull the (pointed) end to lengthen a bit then starting at the base roll up towards the tip. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet, with pointed tip under the croissant. This will help the croissant not to unravel during rising and baking.
- Once all your dough is shaped, cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Brush egg wash over keto croissants and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
These Keto Breakfast Croissants are a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas