Keto BBQ Sauce
Keto BBQ Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup no sugar ketchup
- One 12-ounce can Diet Dr. Pepper
- 1 cup Hatch Valley 505 Fame Roasted Green Chiles see note below
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed Swerve Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons New Mexican chili powder or ancho
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the flavors have blended. Continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper if desired.
- Let the sauce cool for about 10 minutes or until it is warm but no longer "boiling" hot. Puree with an immersion or traditional blender-this will make the sauce thicker. Let cool. Keep your sauce tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Brush it on food 5 to 15 minutes before the cooking time is finished. If desired, serve extra on the side.
This Keto BBQ Sauce is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!