Keto Bacon Mac and Cheese
Dreaming of a Bacon Mac and Cheese but Keto? Well, here you go!
Keto Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb Ketonia Pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp jalapenos chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Follow our Ketonia Pasta recipe to make this dough. Once the dough is resting, refer back here and continue to pasta extrusion.
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Set up your pasta extruder to your stand mixer according to the manufacturer's directions. Choose your pasta style, we chose rigatoni. Elbow macaroni will also work well. Carefully fill the extruder with dough and turn your mixer on high. Using the dough presser, work the dough through the extruder. Using the wire cutter at the bottom of the extruder, slice the dough as it comes out at about 1 inch. Make sure to catch them when you cut them! Continue working all the dough through the pasta extruder and cutting each noodle at about 1 inch. Set them aside to dry.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil and cook in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Reduce oven temperature to 375*
- In a separate large saucepan, heat the heavy cream to a boil. Keep an eye on it! Once it starts boiling you're going to turn it down to low and add in your cheddar cheese. You can use pre-shredded cheese but if you use block cheese and shred it yourself, you save a couple of carbs and a few bucks! Stir until the cheese is melted. Chop up your cooked bacon and stir it into cheese sauce along with your chopped jalapenos, dry mustard, red pepper, and nutmeg. Combine cheese sauce and noodles into a 9x12 baking dish and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Servings 5
- Calories 1000
- Fat 133g
- Protein 70g
- Net Carbs = 3g
this is a keto-friendly lunch recipe / this is a keto-friendly dinner recipe / this is a keto-friendly snack recipe
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas