Keto Pumpkin Pie
Keto Pumpkin Pie
- 2 eggs
- 1 15- ounce can 3 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup brown swerve
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated Swerve erythritol
- Kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1.5 tablespoons bourbon or dark rum optional
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shells (see recipe)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and place rack in center of oven. Separate the eggs and set aside.
- Using a mixer, blender or large bowl, and blend pumpkin, the sugars, 1/2 teaspoon salt, molasses, bourbon or rum (if using), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, egg yolks, and cream until smooth.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until foaming. Whip in a pinch of salt, then gradually whip in remaining tablespoon of sugar until shiny white peaks form. Beat 1/4 of the whites thoroughly into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the rest.
- Immediately ladle filling into the shell, filling to just below the rim of the pan. Place in oven and bake just until the rim of crust begins to turn gold, 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted into the filling 2 inches from the rim comes out clean (The center should still be a bit wet; it will cook more as it cools). If the rim of the crust starts to get too brown, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Immediately turn the oven off, but leave the door ajar (stick in a wooden spoon to hold it open if necessary) and let sit 20 to 30 minutes as the oven cools; this will prevent the filling from turning watery. Serve warm, or let cool, wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Let pie come to room temperature before serving.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or large food processor. Pulse until the dough comes together and forms a ball. Empty contents onto plastic wrap, form into a disc and refrigerate 2 hours, until firm. Using a 2 gallon Baggie with the sides slit open, Roll dough to fit pie plate. The dough is delicate, so, just patch up any tears by pressing together or adding a bit more dough to patch it.
This Keto Pumpkin Pie is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!