Keto Upside Down Pizza
Keto Upside Down Pizza
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 tbs instant yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 head garlic Roasted
- 3 0z Pepperoni
- 6 oz Italian sausage Browned and drained of fat
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 8 oz mushrooms sautéed
- .25 cup black olives sliced
- 4 oz bacon cooked to desired crispness
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup Rao's pizza sauce sauce
- 4 sticks Mozzarella Cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl of kitchen aid. Using dough hook or paddle, mix on low speed for 1 minute. Turn up to med (4) speed and knead for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from bowl and knead by had briefly to shape dough into a ball. Cover ball with plastic and let rise for 45 minutes.
- While your dough rises, Cut the top 1/4 of your head of garlic and roast it in the oven on 425* for 40 minutes. Let it cool a bit and squeeze softened garlic from head into a bowl and reserve. In a med skillet, brown your sausage and set aside. Wipe pan out with paper towel and fry bacon. Set that aside and use bacon drippings to sauté mushrooms.
- Once dough has risen, spray work surface lightly with cooking spray and roll dough into a circle using your hands and a rolling pin. Circle should be a good 3 inches larger than the circumference of your pan.
- Now add your Toppings. Except they're bottomings, because this is an upside-down pizza. Get it? I crack me up!
- Anyhow, layer your pepperoni, sausage, bacon and roasted garlic in pan. Next layer mushrooms, bell pepper and olives. Follow with cheese. Top it all with pizza sauce.
- Gently place crust top of fillings. Dough should hang over pan.. Place mozzarella sticks around circumference and fold extra dough over cheese.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with parmigian cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes of till golden brown and heated through.
This Keto Upside Down Pizza is a keto-friendly lunch recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!