- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
Keto Taco Seasoning
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Measure out your Ketonia mix and put it through a fine-mesh sifter. What does not fit through the sifter, place in a coffee grinder or small bullet and grind until fine and fits through the strainer. Transfer to a bowl fitted for a stand mixer and add your salt and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients with a paddle attachment until well combined. Add in your lard or shortening and mix on medium speed until crumbly and sand-like. You can also do this by hand by massaging the lard into your dry ingredients.
- For the hot water, your sink water most likely will be hot enough, but you can also heat some water on the stove. Add the hot water a little at a time, about ¼ cup. Let the water incorporate with the dry ingredients before adding more. Once the dough is a good consistency, soft and pliable, knead for 5 minutes on high. Or, if you’re doing it by hand, knead for 10 minutes. After removing the dough from the mixer, knead for a minute to form a smooth ball. Wrap with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into 10 even portions. Roll out each piece of dough very thin, almost translucent, and transfer back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set in place. Heat a large skillet on medium-low and place one tortilla at a time on the ungreased skillet. Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned spots appear and the dough is cooked thoroughly. Make sure not to burn them, or they will crisp up. Don’t expect perfectly round tortillas. It takes practice. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425*
- *Don’t be afraid to use the lard. The flavor it brings is absolutely amazing.
Keto Taco Seasoning
- Combine all the seasonings in a bowl and mix. You will have plenty so set 2 tbsp aside for this recipe and put the rest in an airtight container and store in your pantry.
Constructing your taco
- Place your keto tortillas in an oven safe taco holder or fold each tortilla over the oven rack so it dangles. Be very careful if you do it this way, the tortillas and the racks get very hot! Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Cook ground beef in an ungreased skillet on medium-high heat. Cook until completely brown, about 5-7 minutes. Drain most of the grease but leave a little for the seasoning to soak up. Sprinkle in 2 tbsp of taco seasoning, mix well.
- Dice tomatoes. I cut them in half both ways. Fill taco shell with taco meat, cheese, lettuce, and one diced tomato. Pair it with your favorite condiments, we used sour cream, guacamole, and pico!
This Keto Tacos is a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!