Keto Praline Cream Cheese King Cake
Keto Praline Cream Cheese King Cake
Praline-Cream Cheese Filling
Creamy Vanilla Glaze
- Purple green, and gold/yellow luster dust erythritol (if desired)
- Prepare the Dough: Combine sour cream, butter, salt, and 3 tbs of the erythritol in a saucepan over medium-low. Cook, stirring, until butter melts, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir together yeast, water, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon granulated erythritol in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream mixture, yeast mixture, egg, and 1/3 bag of Ketonia bread mix in an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low; gradually add the rest of the mix, beating until dough forms.
- Turn out onto a surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (It should be tacky but release easily from the surface.) Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, prepare the Praline-Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese, erythritol, cinnamon, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg.
- Prepare the baked cakes: Gently punch dough down. Spread the filling over the rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup of the pecans. Starting at 1 long side, carefully roll up the rectangle in a jelly-roll fashion. Place, seam side down, on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bring ends of roll together to form a ring. Moisten ends with water; pinch together to seal. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover dough ring, and bake in preheated oven until deep golden brown and done, about 25 minutes. Cool cake completely on pan set on wire racks, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Prepare the Creamy Vanilla Glaze: Stir together powdered erythritol, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Add additional cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, until pourable but still opaque. Pour evenly over cakes; sprinkle with sparkling erythritol, alternating colors to form bands.
This Keto Praline Cream Cheese King Cake is a keto-friendly dessert recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas