Keto Meatball Hero Kabob
Keto Meatball Hero Kabob
- 1 bag Ketonia Baking Mix
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbs instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 whole onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella freshly grated
- whisked egg for egg wash
- Rao's marinara sauce for dipping
- Combine Ketonia mix, warm water, honey, instant yeast, and oil in a bowl fitted for a stand mixer. Mix with a paddle attachment on high for 5 minutes or until dough comes together completely. You can also knead by hand for 10-15 minutes. Shape into a ball and rest, covered for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450*
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, parmesan, egg, heavy cream, and italian seasoning. Grate your onion and garlic into the bowl as well. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the meat. If you're serving guests, use gloves. Divide the meat into 18 equal sized meatballs. Mine turned out to be about 60 grams, weight may vary. Place meatballs on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer meat balls to a cooling rack to get them out of the excess fat. Let meatballs cool while you portion out the dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Use your hands to roll out a long, skinny, snake-like piece of dough. Place 3 meatballs on a baking sheet about an inch apart from eachother. Snake the dough in between the meatballs. Shove a skewer through the dough and meatballs. It should look like dough, meatball, dough, meatball, dough, meatball, dough. Repeat with the remaining. Place all the kabobs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let rest covered for 45 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 400*
- Brush the dough with an egg wash and sprinkle about 2 tbsp of freshly shredded mozzarella onto each kabob. Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the dough reaches 200*. Serve with a side of Rao's marinara & enjoy!
This Keto Meatball Hero Kabob is a ket-friendly dinner recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!