Keto Loaded Chicken Nachos
Keto Loaded Chicken Nachos
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 lb American cheese
- 1/2 lb chorizo
- 1/2 can Rotel tomatoes
- 5 tbsp guacamole
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- 5 tbsp pico de gallo
- oil for frying
- 2 ½ cup Ketonia mix sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup lard or shortening
- ¾ cup hot water
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Measure out your Ketonia mix and put it through a fine-mesh sifter. What does not fit through the sifter, place in a coffee grinder or small bullet and grind until fine and fits through the strainer. Transfer to a bowl fitted for a stand mixer and add your salt and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients with a paddle attachment until well combined. Add in your lard or shortening and mix on medium speed until crumbly and sand-like. You can also do this by hand by massaging the lard into your dry ingredients.
- For the hot water, your sink water most likely will be hot enough, but you can also heat some water on the stove. Add the hot water a little at a time, about ¼ cup. Let the water incorporate with the dry ingredients before adding more. Once the dough is a good consistency, soft and pliable, knead for 5 minutes on high. Or, if you’re doing it by hand, knead for 10 minutes. After removing the dough from the mixer, knead for a minute to form a smooth ball. Wrap with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into 10 even portions. Roll out each piece of dough very thin, almost translucent, and transfer back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set in place. Heat a large skillet on medium-low and place one tortilla at a time on the ungreased skillet. Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned spots appear and the dough is cooked thoroughly. Make sure not to burn them, or they will crisp up. Don’t expect perfectly round tortillas. It takes practice. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to cool.
- *Don’t be afraid to use the lard. The flavor it brings is absolutely amazing.
- Heat oil in a skillet or deep fryer to 375*. Cut tortillas in half twice to create 40 little triangles. Once oil is hot, carefully drop tortilla pieces into the oil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until they float to the top. Remove and let dry on a paper towel.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine American cheese and Rotel. Let melt over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, cook your chorizo on a medium skillet for about 5 minutes. Drain chorizo after cooked. Add chorizo to your melted cheese and stir well.
- Place 8 tortilla chips on a plate and top with 1/4 cup queso, 2 tbsp shredded chicken, 1 tbsp shredded cheese, and 1 tbsp of pico, sour cream, and guacamole. Enjoy!
This Keto Loaded Chicken Nachos is a keto-friendly lunch recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!