Keto Lemon Bars
Keto Lemon Bars
Keto Almond Shortbread Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup Swerve granulated
Keto Lemon Curd
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 cup Swerve granulated
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- 8 tbsp butter room temperature, cubed
- 1 packet gelatin +2tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Swerve confectioners (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, melted butter, and 1/3 cup granulated Swerve. Mix well until its the consistancy of wet sand. Line the bottom of a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the crust into the pan and pack it down evenly. Bake the crust in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the curd.
- Set a large pot of water top boil for your double boiler. Choose a metal bowl that can sit on top of the boiling water without the bottom of the bowl getting wet. Combine egg yolks and egg in the metal bowl. Begin to whisk and dont stop whisking until you have added all the ingredients. Add the Swerve, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt.
- Combine gelatin and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl to bloom. Turn the heat down to low and place the metal bowl on top of the boiling water. Whisk vigorously so the eggs dont cook. Continue to whisk for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Its done when it has doubled in volume and holds the liness of a whisk. Remove from heat and whisk in the one tbsp of butter at a time. Once all 8 tbsp are whisked in, whisk in your bloomed gelatin.
- Strain your lemon curd through a fine mesh strainer. Pour lemon curd into cooled crust and smooth out. Refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours. Dust with confectioners Swerve and cut into 9 squares.
This Keto Lemon Bars is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!